This incredibly neat idea could help you grow an endless supply of juicy tomatoes every time.
Overripe tomatoes are the kinds you would want to toss out, but this man realized he could make new tomatoes by placing them into a pot of soil. It might sound like a crazy idea, but you can grow new tomatoes within a week by following his method.
This method is so easy, you get more seedlings for less than half the work!
What You’ll Need:
- potting soil or garden mix
- container or pot
- ripe tomatoes
Method (5 Easy Steps):
- Half fill your pot or container with potting soil.
- Cut your tomato into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place the tomato slices in a circle on the potting soil in your pot
- Take more dirt and sprinkle a thin layer over your tomato slices. Make sure you do not cover them too high, so that they are just barely covered.
- Gently water your pot, leaving it just moist but not too wet. Your seeds should start to germinate within 7 to 14 days.
You can end up with upwards of fifty seedlings in your pot, which you can them pull out as they get stronger and replant in your garden or in another container. Only plant a maximum of two seedlings per pot.
Watch the video below for a visual guide on how to grow tomatoes the easiest way…