I use this cream for my face but it can also be used for hands, body, feet, etc. It is extremely moisturizing and it spreads easily. Although it may seem a little bit oily, the skin (mine, at least) absorbs it in about 10 minutes. I recommend you first try it at night before you go to bed. I suppose you wouldn’t like to have a greasy face on your way to work.
But I really doubt this could happen as natural oils are usually well absorbed by the skin as they have the capacity to dissolve the excess oils that stuck together with other impurities on our epidermis.
The ingredients from this lotion are all natural and have a moisturizing and nourishing effect on your skin. It is always better to use a homemade face cream than a trade one. This way you can get rid of all the chemicals and parabens from the conventional cosmetic products.
I found the activity of creating my own lotions quite addictive. I’m sure you will too after you start it.
And what better moment to start than now, with this recipe?
You will need:
- 2 tbsp cocoa butter
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable glycerin
- 20 drops Vitamin E oil
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10 drops essential oil (you may use your favorite, I used 8 drops Lavender and 2 drops Peppermint)
1. Mix together the cocoa and shea butter and the olive oil in a glass jar. I don’t have a double boiler, so I put the jar in a small pan half filled with water. So, place the pan on low heat so that the butters melt.
2. After that, remove from heat and add all the other ingredients.
3. The mixture will cool completely after 12-24 hours.
4. If you want a fluffy consistency, you may place it in the freezer after you remove it from heat.
5. Let it start to solidify again and whip it with a hand mixer.
6. You may store it at room temperature as it will not melt unless it is very hot.