Lavender is an extraordinary plant which stabilizes mood and acts as an efficient analgesic agent. Lavender has been studied recently for several purposes, including treatment of mood and anxiety disorders as well as migraine headaches. It’s painkiller effects is one of it’s widely studied properties.
Simply adding lavender to your lemonade can be the best solution for headache relief and reducing anxiety.
Here’s a recipe for lavender lemonade that is easy to make and one that you’ll love drinking on any given day.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
- Take 2½ cups of water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then add lavender and honey to the water and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Once the mix has absorbed the essence of lavender, strain the honeyed water into a large jug or container. Make sure you have enough room in the jug or container after pouring the mix to add more water.
- Now, pour the remaining water in it and add all of the lime juice. Stir well.
- Now, leave it to cool in the fridge. Depending on how chilled you like it, take the lemonade out of the fridge in due time and pour yourself a hefty glass.
A placebo-controlled clinical trial of lavender essential oil aromatherapy shows it to be an effective migraine therapy. Watch the video below!